DORSET TRAVEL GUIDE
A local’s guide to Dorset!
Welcome to the Dorset travel guide!
This blog is a guide for anyone exploring Dorset. Whether you’re a local in search of something new to try, or a tourist planning your next trip, this Dorset travel blog is for you!
This is a true local’s guide to Dorset, founded by award-winning local travel writer and blogger Emily Luxton.
It’s packed with insider tips and recommendations to help you plan the perfect trip to Dorset.
- WIN Tickets to the Luna Cinema at Lulworth Castle with Birra Moretti!Win a pair of tickets to an outdoor cinema screening of Bohemian Rhapsody at Lulworth Castle with Luna Cinema and Birra Moretti…
- Everything You Need To Know About Visiting Old Harry RocksA local’s guide to visiting Old Harry Rocks in Purbeck, Dorset. These stunning rocks on the Jurassic Coast are a MUST when visiting Dorset…
- Old Harry Rocks Walk – 4 Mile Circular From StudlandAn easy-moderate walk from Studland to Old Harry Rocks and Ballard Down on the Isle of Purbeck. Includes map, route photos and PDF.
- Lyme Regis To Charmouth Walk – 5 Mile Circular RouteA lovely walk from Lyme Regis to Charmouth. Climb over the cliffs through peaceful woodland, then fossil-hunt your way back along the beach.
- Check Out Contender Fest – Bournemouth’s New Fitness FestivalCalling all fitness lovers! Contender Fest is a brand new fitness festival coming to Bournemouth in September 2021 – come check it out!
- Hengistbury Head Walk – 3.7 Mile Easy CircularA short, 1.5 hour circular walk around Hengistbury Head and Mudeford Sandbank in Bournemouth for some of the most amazing views in the area!
- Lulworth Cove to Durdle Door Walk – A Local’s GuideA local’s guide to the Lulworth Cove to Durdle Door walk – a 5 mile circular that can be shortened to 3 miles (or a 2 mile linear option).
- Cerne Abbas Walk – 2.8 Mile Village and Giant CircularThis circular Cerne Abbas walk is a short route taking you up to the famous Giant, around Giant Hill, and past some of the prettiest sites in the village.
- Hardy Monument to Littlebredy Walk – 9 Mile CircularThis circular walk from the Hardy Monument to the picturesque village of Littlebredy heads through some of the prettiest countryside near Dorchester.
Join Our Facebook Group!
If you love Dorset as much as we do, join the Love Dorset Travel group on Facebook. It’s a place for locals and visitors to share photos, ask questions, and make recommendations.
And if you share any photos of Dorset on social media, use the hashtag #LoveDorsetTravel for a chance to be re-shared on our social media accounts.