DORSET TRAVEL GUIDE
A local’s guide to Dorset!
Welcome to the Dorset travel guide!
This blog is a guide for anyone exploring Dorset. Whether you’re a local in search of something new to try, or a tourist planning your next trip, this Dorset travel blog is for you!
This is a true local’s guide to Dorset, founded by award-winning local travel writer and blogger Emily Luxton.
It’s packed with insider tips and recommendations to help you plan the perfect trip to Dorset.
- Everything You Need To Know About Visiting Old Harry RocksA local’s guide to visiting Old Harry Rocks in Purbeck, Dorset. These stunning rocks on the Jurassic Coast are a MUST when visiting Dorset…
- Old Harry Rocks Walk – 4 Mile Circular From StudlandAn easy-moderate walk from Studland to Old Harry Rocks and Ballard Down on the Isle of Purbeck. Includes map, route photos and PDF.
- Lyme Regis To Charmouth Walk – 5 Mile Circular RouteA lovely walk from Lyme Regis to Charmouth. Climb over the cliffs through peaceful woodland, then fossil-hunt your way back along the beach.
- Check Out Contender Fest – Bournemouth’s New Fitness FestivalCalling all fitness lovers! Contender Fest is a brand new fitness festival coming to Bournemouth in September 2021 – come check it out!
- Hengistbury Head Walk – 3.7 Mile Easy CircularA short, 1.5 hour circular walk around Hengistbury Head and Mudeford Sandbank in Bournemouth for some of the most amazing views in the area!
- Lulworth Cove to Durdle Door Walk – A Local’s GuideA local’s guide to the Lulworth Cove to Durdle Door walk – a 5 mile circular that can be shortened to 3 miles (or a 2 mile linear option).
- Cerne Abbas Walk – 2.8 Mile Village and Giant CircularThis circular Cerne Abbas walk is a short route taking you up to the famous Giant, around Giant Hill, and past some of the prettiest sites in the village.
- Hardy Monument to Littlebredy Walk – 9 Mile CircularThis circular walk from the Hardy Monument to the picturesque village of Littlebredy heads through some of the prettiest countryside near Dorchester.
- 12 Dorset Seaside Towns you Need to VisitA list of all the seaside towns and villages to visit in Dorset, England! From busy beach resorts to sleepy villages – perfect for a seaside holiday…
Join Our Facebook Group!
If you love Dorset as much as we do, join the Love Dorset Travel group on Facebook. It’s a place for locals and visitors to share photos, ask questions, and make recommendations.
And if you share any photos of Dorset on social media, use the hashtag #LoveDorsetTravel for a chance to be re-shared on our social media accounts.