DORSET TRAVEL GUIDE
A local’s guide to Dorset!
Welcome to the Dorset travel guide!
This blog is a guide for anyone exploring Dorset. Whether you’re a local in search of something new to try, or a tourist planning your next trip, this Dorset travel blog is for you!
This is a true local’s guide to Dorset, founded by award-winning local travel writer and blogger Emily Luxton.
It’s packed with insider tips and recommendations to help you plan the perfect trip to Dorset.
- 11 of the Best Things to do in and Near CharmouthFrom beautiful beaches and Jurassic Coast fossils to the pretty Marshwood Vale countryside, there are so many great things to do in Charmouth!
- 15 of the Best Things to do Near BournemouthFrom theme parks and fun days out to peaceful nature reserves and historic castles, these are some of the best things to do near Bournemouth.
- 5 Waterfalls in Dorset You’ll Love to VisitFrom cascades that flow right onto beaches to a hidden gem most locals haven’t even heard of – these are all the waterfalls in Dorset to visit!
- 10 of the Best Dog-Friendly Hotels in DorsetFrom cosy pubs in seaside towns to historic manors surrounded by countryside, these are some of the best dog-friendly hotels in Dorset…
- 10 of the Best 5 Star Hotels in DorsetFrom grand country manors to luxury apartments, these are some of the best 5 star hotels in Dorset to take your holiday to the next level.
- 8 Dorset Music Festivals you Need to Attend in 2022Calling all live music lovers. From big and famous to small and local, these are the best music festivals in Dorset this year…
- 13 Top Things to do in Dorset with KidsFrom steam trains and local history to wildlife and theme parks, these are of the best things to do in Dorset for families with kids.
- 25 Photos of Dorset that will Make You Book a Trip!A series of the most beautiful photos of Dorset on the internet. Hopefully these will help inspire you to make Dorset your next UK holiday destination…
- 15 of the Best Things to do in DorsetA local’s guide to the best things to see and do in Dorset – all the highlights and top attractions you need to visit!
Join Our Facebook Group!
If you love Dorset as much as we do, join the Love Dorset Travel group on Facebook. It’s a place for locals and visitors to share photos, ask questions, and make recommendations.
And if you share any photos of Dorset on social media, use the hashtag #LoveDorsetTravel for a chance to be re-shared on our social media accounts.