DORSET TRAVEL GUIDE
A local’s guide to Dorset!
Welcome to the Dorset travel guide!
This blog is a guide for anyone exploring Dorset. Whether you’re a local in search of something new to try, or a tourist planning your next trip, this Dorset travel blog is for you!
This is a true local’s guide to Dorset, founded by award-winning local travel writer and blogger Emily Luxton.
It’s packed with insider tips and recommendations to help you plan the perfect trip to Dorset.
- Arriving by Air: Your Guide to the Dorset AirportsAn in-depth, insider’s guide to the airports in Dorset and nearby – with details on how to get from each one to the rest of Dorset.
- Ice Rinks in Bournemouth & Dorset For Christmas 2023All the festive ice rinks in Bournemouth and the rest of Dorset this Christmas – the perfect way to stay active during the winter season!
- Dorset Halloween Events and Pumpkin Patches for 2023A round up of Halloween events and pumpkin patches taking place in Dorset this October. Both family-friendly and adults-only events…
- Lulworth Cove to Durdle Door: Walk, Bus, or DriveAn in-depth guide to how to get from Lulworth Cove to Durdle Door by walking, driving, or using public transport – written by a local.
- 9 Awesome Day Trips from Dorset to Extend Your TripWant to see a bit more of England during your holiday in Dorset? Here’s our pick of some of the best day trips from Dorset!
- 16 Enchanting Gardens To Visit in DorsetOur pick of the best gardens to visit in Dorset – from sprawling manor house estates to surprising subtropical paradises.
- 15 of the Best Car Boot Sales in DorsetOur guide to the best car boot sales in Dorset for all the thrifty shoppers out there! Pick up bargains at these fab boot sales…
- 18 Fun & Fascinating Facts about DorsetFun, interesting, and unusual facts about Dorset – perfect for pub quizzes, social media captions, or just impressing your friends!
- A Recipe for History: Hear from a Local AuthorA lcoal author shares her immersive experiences of writing a historical mystery novel set in 17th-century Dorset…
Join Our Facebook Group!
If you love Dorset as much as we do, join the Love Dorset Travel group on Facebook. It’s a place for locals and visitors to share photos, ask questions, and make recommendations.
And if you share any photos of Dorset on social media, use the hashtag #LoveDorsetTravel for a chance to be re-shared on our social media accounts.